Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Green Future: Next Generation

My son is now old enough to enjoy movies. This means that sometimes, on Sunday nights we curl up on the couch with the latest animated flick on Netflix. While some movies are better than others, I have started noticing that the theme of many of these movies is protecting the earth.



This got me thinking, will the use of this type of propaganda help create a generation of people who care more about the earth? Will the next generation be more "green" than this one. Will we be able to stop our reliance on fossil fuels and tame global warming in the next generation.

I know that it will take much more than a few cartoons, but I am hopeful.

Look at all the technological advances that this generation has seen. Think about if all the time and energy that goes into producing the next generation of iphones went into protecting our environment.

My dream is for Green Future to become more environmentally friendly as time goes on. I hope that we can find ways to reuse or recycle more scrap materials, that we can make use of scrap wood and woodchips, that we can help people protect and save trees rather than remove them.

Who's with me? What are you doing to give the next generation a "green future."

No comments:

Post a Comment